Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Who Peed on the Floor?

Determining who peed on the floor seems to be a new theme at my house and there are 2 suspects.  My son or my puppy.  Both are potty and house trained, respectively, but seem to be having lots of "accidents lately".   In the last two days, both have been found guilty of peeing on the floor.  Or the Christmas tree.  The tree was easy to figure out - the puppy can hike is leg higher than the 3 year old.  (Yes, my Christmas tree is still up.  If you feel the need to judge me, go ahead, you have my permission.  Maybe this makes you feel better, knowing you have one up on me.  You're welcome.)

If you're sensing that life has been chaotic in my house, well you'd be making a correct assumption.  I used to joke that I wanted my carpet to be ruined so I would feel justified in replacing it.  Our house is only 4 years old and I felt it would be wasteful to replace carpet just because we didn't like it.  Well, now we hate it and have good reason to.  My carpet is not like Beyonce.  It's not a survivor.  It failed miserably against potty and puppy training.  It's bad timing... now I can't justify ripping up the carpets when I'm not working, so I'm living with yucky carpet.  It's made me a bigger germaphobe (did I just create a word?) than I already was.  Yuck.

I'm hoping tomorrow is a better day.  If no one pees on the floor, it will be a huge improvement from the last two days.  It could be worse, right?  Absolutely. 

1 comment:

  1. LOL! I've been there myself, only I don't have dogs in the house. For me its figuring out which kid did it :). And, we still have our tree up, too, so I'm not judging you ;)

    ReplyDelete