Thursday, March 29, 2012

According to my iPod

Tomorrow will be the close of week 3 at my new job and so far, all is going very well.  I'm enjoying what I'm doing, learning a great deal, and feel that I'm also becoming a very valuable contributor to my team.  I don't think I could really ask for more.  

Have you ever let someone borrow your iPod or simply look through your music selections?  This might not seem like a big deal, but it is to me.  To me, it's as personal as letting someone read my diary (if I had a diary) or seeing me in my underwear.  I loaned mine to someone yesterday and immediately I knew I had made a mistake.  10 years ago, I would have thought nothing of loaning someone my iPod (if iPods existed 10 years ago), but that was before I met my husband.  He won't hesitate to tell you that based on my iPod, I'm a total dork.  I've always considered myself to have good taste in music and very open minded considering I like a little bit of everything.  According to my spouse, the fact that I have any Celine Dion songs in my library are totally uncool.  Throw in a few cheesy 80's songs, a grand assortment from the 90's, and I'm a certifiable dork.  

Knowing that I have terrible taste in music, I'm thankful that iPods didn't exist when I was on the dating scene.  Based on my iPod, I'm a little frightened to think of who I might have ended up marrying, had compatibility been judged based on taste in music.  Can you imagine a man who likes Brian McKnight, Celine Dion, Nexxt (Next?), Boyz II Men, Montell Jordan, and Aerosmith?  Oh, I can't forget Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre.  Thank you, Steve Jobs, for inventing the iPod after I got married.  

No comments:

Post a Comment